Sunday, March 23, 2008

Read Aloud Plan: Is Your Mama a Llama?

Guarino, Deborah: Is Your Mama a Llama?

Preliminary Thought: I believe this book is a good choice because it introduces a variety of different animals to children. It also provides children an idea of where these animals live and a little more about their background. This book is a good head start to teaching about rhyme and spelling patterns. (I had to conduct a lesson in another class using this book, so I did a trial run of the lesson with my nephew first).

Final Results: I read this book to my 8 year old nephew and he didn't like it as much as I had hoped. He didn't really relate to the animals, since they are not as common around here (and he enjoys reading more about farm animals). He did, however, enjoy the spelling pattern lesson I had prepared for him. (-an and -at word endings) He also enjoyed pointing out the rhyming words as well as guessing what other word could also rhyme.

No comments: