Thursday, April 3, 2008

Chapter 15

Tunnell and Jacobs: Children's Literature Briefly

I really appreciated this chapter because I have always believed that children who are taught multiple languages are some of the luckiest people alive. My home has always been and continues to be a bilingual speaking environment. I have been taught from childhood both, english and spanish. Therefore, I had to perfect with my english speaking skills at school, while at home, I had to perfect with my spanish speaking skills. This chapter brings out the importance of learning different cultures. Not only does it help us appreciate others, but it also gives us a better understanding and acceptance of others as well.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I agree with you that kids who are taught multiple languages are fortunate. I was born in Germany when my dad was in the military. His commitment was over when I was about 6 weeks old and we moved back to the states. To this day I wish that he had found a way to stay in Germany so that I could have learned the language as a child. Kudos to you for keeping up the bilingual tradition in your home!