Saturday, April 26, 2008

(Book Review) Martin: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

I really loved these book as a child, and as I now read it to my baby, wonderful memories bring me back to those days. My favorite thing about this book is the simple theme that runs through the pages because it allows a young child to concentrate on one thing at a time (and prevents them from getting overstimulated). As I read the book, my baby listens to the repetitive phrase (which is great!) and looks at and reaches for the big, colorful images . The older he gets the more (I'm sure) he'll appreciate Martin and Carle's work. They are still some of my most favorite today! Other good books by this author include: Goodnight Moon and Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do You Hear?

Martin, Bill. Brown Bear. Illustrated by Eric Carle. New York, NY: Henry Holt and Co., 1992

(My review was posted on the Barnes & Noble website)

No comments: